Utasia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nic's Writing Application

2 posters

Go down

Nic's Writing Application Empty Nic's Writing Application

Post  Niccers Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:10 pm

I hope positions for writers are still open... or else I'm going to feel a bit silly for posting. Also, apologies in advance for the lame plot, but I'd certainly pick up the slack with more background information, hah.

Name (optional): Nic

Country + Time Zone: United States, EST

Contact Info: brandi_manley@ymail.com

How often/long are you on online?: I am usually online an average of four to five hours Monday through Friday. On weekends, I may be a bit more scarce, but I find time for at least an hour or so.

Are you working for any other projects currently?: No.

What are your strong points in writing?: Absolutely any kind of creative writing. I'm pretty well-versed in grammar / spelling, so I suppose that's certainly a plus. I am also very skilled at quickly scrounging for, and summarizing, factual research.

What are your weak points in writing?: Non-fiction writing is not very interesting to me, and I often get discouraged while writing long essays. Otherwise, not anything I can think of.

Please write a humorous description for an Axe Plushie: Don't worry if you "axe-identally" fly off the handle; you can rest assured knowing this soft replica is much safer than the real deal.

Write a potential plot for Utasia. It doesn't need to be lengthy.:

There has always been proof of evolution. While some knew that it was fact, others continued to deny something they considered so very preposterous. However, that was when the world was young. When not only was evolution frowned upon, but the innards of space were a mystery. There was much skepticism that there would be any intelligent life, or even a habitable planet that could be reached in reasonable time. That was before the big discovery.

After much advancements in space technologies, communication, and transportation, a group of new space explorers were sent out on a mission to investigate a new planet. It had recently appeared on a radar, blinking with huge patches of what appeared to be heat signatures. The team was asked to be wary, and keep all expectations low and reasonable. What the explorers found was life-changing. They stumbled upon a discovery so mind-blowing that at first, they believed it could not possibly be chalked up to anything other than a delusional image fueled by lack of sleep and shuttle lag.

Creatures that modern science could never explain or even begin to imagine roamed this beautiful planet. Not only was the air breathable, but there was crystal-clear water and varying, expansive landscape. The explorers spent careful months on this planet observing and taking notes. They were simply awe-struck after observing behavior of these "animals". The creatures on the planet did not just grow. They changed. A metamorphosis into something that was better suited for their environment, for their safety, for their abilities.

These creatures were evolving.

What was most shocking about the changes is that each "species" did not change in the same way. Even while living in exact conditions, each was unique.

After much time viewing, relaying, and trading information, this new planet was sanctioned as safe. Much to the excitement of the rest of Earth, this new world was now open for a select group of colonies to establish.

Humans now have inhabited the strange planet, building, creating and learning right alongside these complex creatures.

This world is Utasia.

Niccers
Intern Writer
Intern Writer

http://faultypsyche.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Nic's Writing Application Empty Re: Nic's Writing Application

Post  Cirque Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:00 pm

Accepted!

No worries, we're still taking in new writers. ^_^

Now we just have to wait for Ardor to make you official. Hopefully it doesn't take too long.

Welcome to the team!
Cirque
Cirque
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

Nic's Writing Application Empty Re: Nic's Writing Application

Post  Niccers Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:22 pm

Aww, yay! Thank you so much! C:

Niccers
Intern Writer
Intern Writer

http://faultypsyche.tumblr.com