Utasia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paulmer's Writer Application

3 posters

Go down

Paulmer's Writer Application Empty Paulmer's Writer Application

Post  Paulmer Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:09 am

Name (optional): My name is Jordan McCloskey, however I prefer to be adressed by my alias, Paulmer.
Country + Time Zone: I reside currently within the EST time zone.
Contact Info: You can reach me through littlebitpony@gmail.com or through my cell phone number, which will be private messaged to the staff member requesting it being that I am accepted.
How often/long are you on online?: I am on nearly all day, with the occasional exception due to my work hours. I'll be most active from around 2 PM ranging to around 9 PM.
Are you working for any other projects currently?: No.
What are your strong points in writing?: I tend to be strongest when I am asked to center on creative writing. I am also strong in grammar and adjective and or verb varieties.
What are your weak points in writing?: My weaker points settle on realistic writing or in research papers.
Please write a humorous description for an Axe Plushie: Though it seems to be sharp, you can easily bonk your annoying sibling on the head without worrying about the need for an ambulance!
Write a potential plot for Utasia. It doesn't need to be lengthy.:

The team didn't mean for it to happen - it was just a mistake.

Rowans' Nuclear Research Facility was well known for it's quick and efficient work. Founded in early 2009, the work of the responsible staff has managed to keep it alive for hundreds of years; even though the occasional hardship did track it's way across it's boundaries.

However, on the unfortunate day of April 1st, 2136, there was an error in the quarantine direction center. The newly hired director had dosed off, therefore leaving the devastating mistake to be un-noticed - that is before it was far too late. Dr. Blesfin knew the dangers of the element that he was dealing with. He knew that if one explosion set off, the wildlife within over fifteen miles would be instantly killed.. or worse.

On that unfortunate Friday afternoon, an explosion caused by the sleepy quarantine director's mistake did just that. Large amounts of radiation seeped along the town of Utasia, shattering any sort of life form that had been residing on the surface instantly. Carcasses due to the error sprawled onto the roads and the sidewalks, building remnants littered the streets. The world was misfortunately silent - or so it seemed.

Just a few feet beneath the battered surface of the earth, another sort of life form was thriving due to the newly released toxic energy. Rodents, worms, reptiles, and amphibians, along with the occasional canine or feline. The radiation had been residing in the town for years before these deformed creatures showed their faces on the surface, and by then, the damage had been done.

The figures of these animals were horrifying. The typical, foot high house cat was now standing over four feet in height, with the mouse replacing the height of it's previous form. The majority of these creatures had transformed into disgusting meat-eaters: some even taking the turn to consume it's own species. Every, or most, of these deformed critters had odd markings running along their bruised pelts, with mutations occasionally running alongside them.

The creatures effected by the explosion managed to form an alliance - one against the previous world, one against human kind, and one against liberty and fair rule.

..If only Dr Blesfin had had some coffee to awake him that horrible morning.

Thank you!

Paulmer
Intern Writer
Intern Writer

Back to top Go down

Paulmer's Writer Application Empty Re: Paulmer's Writer Application

Post  Ardor Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:39 pm

I like your writing style, cirque will get back to you on your application soon~
Ardor
Ardor
Awesome Sexypants

http://utaisaonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulmer Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Fantastic, thank you.

Paulmer
Intern Writer
Intern Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cirque Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:18 pm

APPROVED

Welcome to the team ^_^ Glad to have you, Paulmer!
Cirque
Cirque
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down