Utasia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Status Update: January

3 posters

Go down

Status Update: January Empty Status Update: January

Post  Ardor Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Hey everyone, I'm back with another update for this month. It's going by fast and we're almost to February.

So basically I'm waiting for my work to give me my W2 form to do my taxes with. They weren't this late last year so I'm a little miffed but there's nothing to do about it. On Monday the 1st Haley will be coding Utaisa from the ground up. Since she's professional the process will pick up a lot of speed then. During that time we'll be trying to match the speed with our art progress.

From last month to know we got 10+ battle opponents finished, another Kyrin, and around 40-50 items. Willow our artist also did a few BEAUTIFUL maps for us, and I'll show you one at the end of the update along with some other art goodies.

Once we get some basic coding finished then I'll do our official preview on VPL and probably VPC. We'll also get a Facebook set up and POSSIBLY a twitter. On FB we'll try to set up some fun activities while we wait for our release. I have a lot of plans for our advertising. :3

Okay what else. Another thing I'll do with my tax return is buy a house. They want tax records for a pre-approval for a mortgage loan, and my new one will more accurately reflect my income than my last one, and hopefully that'll improve my chances for being accepted. Like I said before, lower monthly payments = more funding for Utaisa.
My loan is also all paid off so I'm saving money each month now, even though I lost hours at work.

If you've noticed that I'm misspelling Utaisa you're only half correct! I tried getting the domain name for Utasia, but the prick that owns all three domains won't sell for any less than 12 grand. Crazy huh? I'm quite attached to our name and Cirque suggested to change the spelling. I think the advantage to that is that we can have our own identity through having an original spelling of the word. It's inconvenient but hopefully it'll work out.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ardor on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ardor
Ardor
Awesome Sexypants

http://utaisaonline.com

Back to top Go down

Status Update: January Empty Re: Status Update: January

Post  DragonFriend Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:08 pm

Thanks for the update and the artwork is amazing! Everything seems to be coming together...so exciting! It's too bad that we can't get Utasia for the site. The alternate spelling is a good loophole though. I would suggest either Utaisia or Utaysia. When I read Utaisa, I read the -sa the same as in salsa. Anyhow, those are my thoughts! Very Happy
DragonFriend
DragonFriend

Back to top Go down

Post  vanillaeclair Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:33 am

Lovely update! The first picture of the harbor looks amazingly done too. Pity to hear about the domain thing though, but I suppose you'll have to sacrifice that.
vanillaeclair
vanillaeclair

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardor Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:33 pm

Thanks for the support!

And yeah, that's why I didn't make any public announcements until I was well into it. We would of been kicking ourselves in the head if we had been advertising and then had to come back and say we're changing our name. It's not a HUGE change but it still would have looked bad. o-o
Ardor
Ardor
Awesome Sexypants

http://utaisaonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down