Utasia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kayeli Artist Application- Shinies~!

5 posters

Go down

Kayeli Artist Application- Shinies~! Empty Kayeli Artist Application- Shinies~!

Post  Kayeli Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:39 am

Name: Kayeli

Time Zone: EST

Contact Info: kayeliwa[at]gmail[dot]com - skype xkayeli - other forms of communications upon request.

How many images can you dedicate per week? - 5-10 per day depending on RL situations.

Are you working for any other projects currently? - Not at the current moment. I do commissions upon request however I don't usually put my self up for work. Razz Vivi asked me though so I decided I would come poke around. Very Happy

What are your strong points in drawing? sketching/drawing pretty much anything. squeezing lots of detail into small images. crisp lines.

What things are you not able to draw? the type cell-like shading you are looking for on the pet design is difficult for me. i blend somewhere between soft and cellshading. i would be more than willing to do lines and sketches for pet designs however I would not be able to color them in the style you are looking for.

Please post examples of your artwork: (linked images with the backgrounds to show the drop shadow on a white background). also the last image is an ha image. all of the items draw are draw and colored by me except the ha base. (i drew the eyes and lips as well). the skirt and headphones are not shaded yet but i think you can understand the basic idea. Very Happy

i.imgur.com/EN6Mr. png

img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/vinylkitten/bypony2. png

img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/vinylkitten/kayeli19040blue8080-1. png

i.imgur.com/nV7d9.png

img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/vinylkitten/kayeli19040pink8080. png

i.imgur.com/4fDjX. png

i.imgur.com/YBfo0. png
Kayeli
Kayeli
Artist

Back to top Go down

Kayeli Artist Application- Shinies~! Empty Re: Kayeli Artist Application- Shinies~!

Post  Ardor Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:51 am

I can't seem to see any of those links. If you PMed me some of them I don't think you'd have the link issue.

This forum is evil about posting links when you first join, still working on how to turn that off. :3 But can't wait to see your examples.
Ardor
Ardor
Awesome Sexypants

http://utaisaonline.com

Back to top Go down

Kayeli Artist Application- Shinies~! Empty Re: Kayeli Artist Application- Shinies~!

Post  bamboo123 Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:00 am

@Ardor, I can't post links too when I first join, put I can post images xD hahaz Very Happy

@Kayeli, your arts are beautiful <3 Here they are in images :3

Kayeli Artist Application- Shinies~! EN6Mr
Kayeli Artist Application- Shinies~! Bypony2
Kayeli Artist Application- Shinies~! Kayeli19040blue8080-1
Kayeli Artist Application- Shinies~! NV7d9
Kayeli Artist Application- Shinies~! Kayeli19040pink8080
Kayeli Artist Application- Shinies~! 4fDjX
Kayeli Artist Application- Shinies~! YBfo0
bamboo123
bamboo123

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardor Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:09 am

Thanks alot bamboo!

I very much like your little monster and the cupcake, awesome.
I'm distracted by the colored lines on the beauty products, but I can see you have a firm grasp on dimension and proportion, they don't look misshapen at all.
Like you said you're good with using detail within small dimensions.

If you can use the black lines and shading like the monster's then i'd love to have you :3
Ardor
Ardor
Awesome Sexypants

Back to top Go down

Post  bamboo123 Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:14 am

No problem Ardor Razz

and good luck Kayeli! Razz
bamboo123
bamboo123

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeli Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:59 am

Derp derp. Viv told me the links didn't work properly last night and I fell asleep right after on the sofa with the computer in front of me.

Thank you so much bamboo for linking them! You are awesome sauce! <3

Thank you too Ardor. The beauty products were intended to be a bit more odd but I think they turned out well for being odd! And yes, coloring like the ugly doll would not be a problem. Very Happy
Kayeli
Kayeli
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post  bamboo123 Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:23 am

hahaz :3 no problem Razz
bamboo123
bamboo123

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeli Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:29 am

<3 you Bamboo.

Oh, and I forgot to ask, seeing as how I have time today probably to do probably 3-5 items when I get home from photoshoots today, is the list of items needed on the progress page up to date? I can pick a few items from each category and get cracking so show you more examples of the shading and line art.

Also, is there a public place that shows record of how many items we have done to track how much in-game currency we will be receiving?

Thanks! Very Happy
Kayeli
Kayeli
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:10 pm

Kayeli, I know for a fact he needs food and weapons. xD
Violet
Violet

Back to top Go down

Post  Cirque Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:29 pm

Yeah there's a list and everything, but you have to be a staffykinz to see it .__.
When Ardor gets back on, I'll remind him to add you if he hasn't already xD
Cirque
Cirque
Lead Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ardor Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:59 pm

I changed your rank to staff, now you can see all the fancy forums. :3 In the art submissions we have it all very organized, so you'll be able to settle right in. :3
Ardor
Ardor
Awesome Sexypants

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeli Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:45 pm

Oh cool beans~! Very Happy

I just got home so let me see if I can't sketch a few things up. I like organized O.O I am a clean freak. Razz

Thank you so much!
Kayeli
Kayeli
Artist

Back to top Go down

Post  bamboo123 Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:49 pm

Gratz!!! Razz
bamboo123
bamboo123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down